Jungle

Co se nevešlo do definovaných kategorií a souvisí s tvorbou hudby
carloff
Profesionál

Příspěvek od carloff » 17 zář 2007 13:19

Goldiemu to delal Rob Playford: here
Timeless' is the single that kicked it all off for Goldie. At 21 minutes long, it's a drum & bass epic; over three intricately interwoven movements it evolves and deconstructs, giving drum & bass class whilst also demonstrating it at its most brutal. Without 'Timeless', Rob could still be working from home, and Goldie could still be like any of the other gold-toothed, peroxide-haired guys you can see redecorating city library walls with aerosol cans. So how did this opus come about?

"First of all, we had the idea for the strings. Goldie wanted to have a string part playing, and then have that sound bend away, leaving another note to take over. Of course, all you need is the same sound set up on different MIDI channels on your synth, but until then no-one had shown him it was possible. The idea was to have the strings as an almost visual experience, where they're going along, falling, and exploding. We worked on three string parts in the end, and assigned them to three different channels on my Emu Vintage Keys. We were then able to adjust the volumes on the channels, bringing them up halfway through a chord, or pitch-bending a note without it affecting the others -- there was a lot of control data involved.

"I suppose we spent a few weeks doing that, working every Friday night; and Goldie was on the phone every other night with new ideas for different bits. If we were working solidly, we might have had it done in one or two weeks, but I think it was good that we didn't, because we had the time to work on all the different ideas we had for the song.

"I was living in Stevenage at the time and would give Goldie a ride back to London when we'd finished; we just kept rewinding the string section on the trip back, it was so gorgeous.

"After a few weeks, we thought that it would be great if this was a really long track; I suggested that we should make it go up to the 40-minute limit for a single. Then I realised that on Notator, our sequencer, at the tempo we were using, the maximum length was 32 minutes! I was gutted; that was the end of my plan for a 40-minute track. It was too late to go and do it at half the tempo -- we had too much stuff already arranged.

"We then put some drums in towards the end to give the strings more time to develop. It was then that I found this trick on the sampler that I don't think anyone has done since. The breakbeat is actually made up of two mono files on the sampler, which I adjusted separately, so that when I stuck them together, I had the break riding up and spinning around in the stereo soundfield. It sounded like nothing we'd ever heard, it was a revelation -- we listened to that for hours and hours.

"We then added basslines, using some shocking subsonic parts, but trying to keep it fat as well. The way the three parts mixed into each other was also very important; like a DJ mixing two records, I wanted the transition to be smooth. I spent a long time connecting the three parts of 'Timeless'.

"Eventually, we ended up with an instrumental version of the song, which to my mind was finished. With that version, we could just get from Stevenage to Goldie's house in the time the track took to finish. That was the goal; to get Goldie home without any rewinding!

"I don't know when the vocals idea came into Goldie's plans, but he certainly didn't tell me about it until we'd done the whole track. In my head, I'd constructed it to have all the pieces come out and develop; I couldn't see where the vocals would fit in.

"Diane Charlemagne came over and did the vocals, and we put them onto DAT and sampled the parts we wanted. I also reprocessed them; I think I put them through a [BBE] Sonic Maximiser, to get that airiness in there. But it wasn't actually until I put them into the song that I thought, 'no, brilliant, they work perfectly'".
Hudebník a producent, majitel studia Soundevice
http://www.boriscarloff.com | http://www.soundevice-studio.cz

Cyril

Příspěvek od Cyril » 17 zář 2007 13:19

ecsone ja se neptam na parametry, ale na zkusenosti, triky, postupy...
Grafický design – http://www.cyrilkriz.cz (velmi rád navrhnu tiskoviny pro kapely, producenty a studia)

carloff
Profesionál

Příspěvek od carloff » 17 zář 2007 13:23

obycejne co vim tak delaj vsichni v Reasonu..

ECSON WALDES
Profesionál

Příspěvek od ECSON WALDES » 17 zář 2007 13:27

SadLuck píše:
ECSON WALDES píše:www.googel.com
Ha! Google už skoupil i špatně napsaný odkazy! :))

:D 1:0

Yakull

Příspěvek od Yakull » 17 zář 2007 14:35

Diky syncro za prinosny odkaz!
O jungle se zajimam protoze se ho ted snazim delat...
Klidne hazejte dalsi odkazy , informace se hodi!

Brooklyn / juanita juarez
Profesionál

Příspěvek od Brooklyn / juanita juarez » 17 zář 2007 14:58

carloff píše:obycejne co vim tak delaj vsichni v Reasonu..
crap

Brooklyn / juanita juarez
Profesionál

Příspěvek od Brooklyn / juanita juarez » 17 zář 2007 15:03

ECSON WALDES píše:
Nevim ale moc o lidech kteri by kombinovali napul EMU / AKAI.
kolik znas producentu dnb?

carloff
Profesionál

Příspěvek od carloff » 17 zář 2007 15:10

carloff wrote:
obycejne co vim tak delaj vsichni v Reasonu..

crap
souhlasim :lol:
ale opravdu co znam lidi v anglii, co delaj DnB tak to delaj na Reasonu plus ableton...eventualne maji logic jeste..a zadny hifi to neni-jsou to vetsinou bedroom producenti...
:lol:

Studio 1
Title of Studio: "I'm just making my tunes dem for the manz dem to spit 16 bars on"

Kit list: vary from Playstation and a mini disc player, Fruity loops and/or Reason on a pc, Behringer eurob*llocks desk, Audiophile 2496, sm58. Computer speakers.

Studio 2
Title of Studio: "Watch when I get my tings out, big ting's a go on"

Kit list: Vary from, Cubase/PC or Logic/G4, 01V,Audiophile2496 or delta 1010, soundcraft ab2 or tannoy reveals, Rode Nt1, Proteus 2000 with mophat card, Mpc200xl, supernova, Every crack going and sh*t loads of Behringer ulta B*llocks everything

Studio3
Title of Studio: "wow you've got a bad boy studio blood"

Mackie D8b with adat cards, Logic/G5, Motu 2408 or 002("I’m running Pro Tools blood"), (Mmm Know your not your running a 002)
Mpc2000xl or Mpc4000, Avalon Pre, Tlm103, Mackie hr824, Masterlink, Supernova, motif, Proteus, Every crack going+ 100 sample Cd's, Sh*it loads a sh*tty foam ("it's gotta look proppa bredrin") Ikea furniture.

In the older days (jungle) it was Mackie24/8, Atari running cubase or notator, S3000xl plus Emu samplers

Oh and don’t forget the decks rude boy "got have them you get me".

You would thing I’m being cruel but it’s the truth. (I guess it works for them so who am I to argue)

scenar z DnB masteringu :)
Scenario 1
One producer to another
Producer a" the mix don’t sound proppa brov"
Producer b" did you get it mastered"
Producer a" what’s that"
Producer b" It makes it sound heavy, trust "
Producer a" is it, seen,”
Producer b" I do that to all of mine, Standard tings"
Producer a"Bless"

Know body argues because they don’t know what they would be arguing about.
Scenario: 2
M.E:" hows this sound now"
Client: "Boy, I don’t really know you get me, I just want the BASS to go BOW BOW BOW Blood"
M.E:"No Problems Mate", M.E proceeds to turn up main monitors nice and loud
Client:" Yeh Blood, that’s Sick rude bwoy", Client turns to fellow bredrin and says" o my god, watch when this comes out, were gonna murda manz them"

Both parties leave happy
Naposledy upravil(a) carloff dne 17 zář 2007 15:23, celkem upraveno 3 x.

Cheesetor

Příspěvek od Cheesetor » 17 zář 2007 15:11

Ctu pomerne pravidelne Svet motoru a v kazdem cisle ma nejmene jeden sloupek "Jindrich Kottek, autokrosovy veteran". Pokazde musi vyplodit nejake moudro o ojetinach a vypadat, ze tomu rozumi. Nekdy je to velmi vesele pocteni, kdyz je videt, ze to auto, o kterem zasvecene hovori, mozna nekdy predjizdel na dalnici, ale vic o nem nevi.

Ezone je pekny misto na reklamu pro mlady kolousky, ale nemelo by se to prehanet.
Obrázek

ECSON WALDES
Profesionál

Příspěvek od ECSON WALDES » 17 zář 2007 15:23

Brooklyn / juanita juarez píše:
ECSON WALDES píše:
Nevim ale moc o lidech kteri by kombinovali napul EMU / AKAI.
kolik znas producentu dnb?

em, premejslim, asi jen dva TEEBEE a GOLDIE uh ... jako, co to je za otazku ? :D
Brooklyn / juanita juarez píše:akai na beaty, emu na basy, levnej mackie (v lepsim pripade). atari, cubase..
Muzu se te zeptat podobne - stejna otazka k tematu: kolik znas HW masin z oneh dob?

carloff
Profesionál

Příspěvek od carloff » 17 zář 2007 16:12

jen tak co se mi libilo a co povazuju za celkem prevratny tracky
Pendulum - "Hold Your Color"
Bad Company - "Shot Down on Safari"
Ram Trilogy - "Molten Beats"
Ed Rush & Optical - "Wormhole"
z producentu
Dillinja, Noisia, Fresh, Teebee, Subfocus
co mne bavi zvukove ted jsou veci ktery vysly z jungle a dnb jako dubstep a grime
Dizzy rascal
Terror Danjah
Macabre Unit
Davinche
Skepta tunes
DJ Tubby
Digital Mystics aka DMZ aka coki and mala
Skream
N-Type

Odpovědět